Welcome to California Harley-Davidson, a small family operated dealership that has been in business in the South Bay for more than 45 years. Since its inception, California Harley-Davidson has been a recognizable landmark on the southern stretch of Pacific Coast Highway and a popular destination for both locals and tourists alike.
The employees at California Harley-Davidson are genuine Harley-Davidson people who create a fun, friendly, and inviting atmosphere for all veteran, novice, and non-riders who walk through the door.
The world of motorcycling is a relatively small one. Our club is elite and our commitment to one another is unquestioned. This is what we mean when we say, “Welcome to the family.” Hence our motto: People, Passion & Pistons. Join our family and kick start your career in high gear today!
Department……………... Service Department
Supervisor………………. Service Manager
Intakes customer vehicles, diagnoses problems and service needs, schedules work, assigns jobs to service technicians and communicates job status to customer.
Key Result Areas
- Service Department Operations
- Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Service Department Operations
- Assist Service Manager in maintaining a smooth running and efficient service department with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Diagnose problems accurately and clearly describe them on the repair order.
- Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly communicate them to customer.
- Assign jobs to technicians based on skill level and current resource utilization.
- Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Occasionally assist technicians when they are having difficulty performing service work.
- Determine correct part numbers on repair orders and assist the parts department with picking and posting of parts before job starts.
- Perform cashier functions, as needed.
- Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
- Open and close all customer paid, warranty, and internal repair orders.
- Follow procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including and proper storage of these items.
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service and parts management
- Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly and courteously.
- Promptly notify customers of any changes, delays, or additional work needed.
- Sell additional services by pointing out service specials or additional work needed.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right.”
- Give special attention to repeat repairs to ensure the situation is corrected.
- Avoid making commitments which cannot (or likely will not) be met. Set customers’ expectations to a level where they will likely be met.
- As assigned.
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all interactions with customers and employees.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Maintain up to date technical qualification (PHD and others) by completing all training programs assigned by the Service Manager.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Superior communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to get along with a broad customer base.
- Knowledge and experience with servicing Harley-Davidson/Buell motorcycles and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with point-of-sale and Parts and Service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge and experience with computers.
- Current, valid motorcycle license.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and handle tools.
- Occasionally requires the ability to lift 50 pounds of material.
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a 750 lbs. motorcycle.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or airborne other particles.
- As pursuant to California Proposition 65, during your work you may be exposed to various materials and chemicals that have been known to cause cancer, or birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Benefits of working with us:
- Health benefits
- Insurance plans
- Paid vacation/ time off
- Vehicle purchase discounts
- Discounts on merchandise, parts, gear & service
- Riding Academy Courses - learn to ride
- Fun work atmosphere – we work hard and play harder!